Recipe Time, Pueblo-Quesnel Style!
- 4 pc Chicken Breast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp Tex Mex Spice
Put oil in pan and get hot, hot hot! Put onion and chopped garlic in pan, saute. Drink Mohito(recipe below). Add chicken pieces, 4 breasts cut into 4 pieces each. Saute in medium fry pan, covered for approx 15 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove onion and chicken mixture from pan and reserve. Check out next list of ingredients for mole gravy.
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c flour (we used gluten free flour mixture)
- 1/4 c chili powder
- 2tbsp Tex Mex spice.
- 1 cup diced tomato and juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 bouillon cubes dissolved in above water
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate chips
Heat oil and then add flour a bit at a time, letting it brown slightly. (Essentially, you’re making a roux). Once roux is made, add the chili powder, the tex mex spice and the tomato juice. Stir in the water w/ bouillon cubes dissolved. Drink mohito, do not add to sauce. You should get a thick gravy. Add peanut butter and chocolate chips, stir until smooth. Drink Mohito. Simmer for 10 minutes and add the reserved chicken mixture, simmer for 10 or so more minutes.
Consume w/ rice or flatbread.
- 2 Basa Fillet
- 1 tsp Tex Mex Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 head cabbage
- Fresh Salsa (Recipe Below)
- Fresh Guacamole (Recipe Below)
- Kraft Coleslaw Dressing
- Some sort of flatbread
Make a rub of the spices and coat the fish pieces. Roast under a low broiler until fish is tender flaky, about 20 minutes. Finish under high broiler for 5 minutes until crispy.
Make a taco with the fish, the fresh cabbage, salsa and guacamole and some dressing. Super Tasty! Drink Mohito.
- 1 pppphhhhhhht of sugar
- 1 psshhhhhht of lime
- 1 chuckchuckachucka fresh mint
- 1 glurpaglurpaglurp of spiced rum
- 1 pwwwoooosh club soda
Top with ice and Serve. Made by the glass was too slow, we found a better version was to sextuple the ingredients and fill a rubbermaid jug. (w/ hand plunger, very important!)
- 2 large tomato, dice
- 5 assorted coloured peppers, dice
- 1/2 large (giant) red onion, dice
- 0 cloves garlic (fail, too many mohitos)
- juice of 1 lime
- 0 assorted hot peppers (pablano, thai chili, jalapeno….oops)
- Fresh Herbs. Diced. Cilantro, Oregeno, Basil and Thyme
Mix and Serve.
- 4 avacado, pitted, mashed
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt + Pepper to taste
Mix, Mash, Moosh, Squoosh, Dip, Eat, Serve, Drink Yummy yummy mohito. Yum.
Fresh Fruit (not vegetable) Salsa
- too many fresh blueberries (use 1 pint, we used 2)
- 3 banana chopped, diced, whatever. It’s all good.
- 1 Mango, diced-ish
- 3 Peaches, peaches for me. Diced
- GlurpaGlurpaGlurp spiced Rum
- We used cinnamon and nutmeg – meh. Suggest fresh mint and basil instead.
Chop, Mix and serve. We’re also going to saute for topping on desert crepe later.
As you may be able to tell, the mohitos were an integral part of the meal. The difficulty in typing this post is largely due to to the amount of alcohol consumed in the drink mohito steps listed above. This post brought to you by the letter M and the number More. (Which rhymes with four….teen.)
Good night Captain Morgan, Good Night to you!